Monday, July 15, 2019
Governor Kristi Noem today announced that South Dakota closed the 2019 budget year on June 30 with a $19.4 million surplus. The state general fund budget ended with lower expenditures than budgeted, while ongoing revenue finished lower than projected levels.
Friday, July 12, 2019
In South Dakota, our way of life is largely rooted in agriculture. It’s where many of us learned how to work hard, how to be good stewards of the land, and how to focus on the things that matter most in life. While we treasure the traditions we grew up with, it’s important to acknowledge that agriculture is an ever-evolving industry. We must continually grow and learn together to be competitive on the market and prepare our farms and ranches for generations of success. We must be future-focused.
Monday, July 8, 2019
Governor Kristi Noem today announced that Thomas Steckel will serve as Interim Commissioner of the Bureau of Human Resources (BHR).
- Governor's Column: Combating Meth for a Safer South Dakota - July 3, 2019
- Noem: Hold off on Roadside Mowing until July 10 - July 2, 2019
- Governor's Weekly Column: Strengthening Families - June 28, 2019
- Noem Taps Gill for Department of Social Services - June 21, 2019
- Governor's Weekly Column: Equipping our National Guard - June 21, 2019
- Noem Encourages Eligible Residents, Businesses to use FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers - June 21, 2019
- Noem Urges Congress to Support Agriculture, Ratify USMCA - June 20, 2019
- Noem Applauds USDA’s Move to Bump Up Prevent Plant Harvest Date - June 20, 2019
- Governor's Column: Husband, Father, Servant - June 14, 2019
- Noem Names 2019 Governor’s Ag Ambassador - June 13, 2019
- President Trump Approves South Dakota Disaster Request - June 8, 2019
- Governor Noem Approves School for the Deaf Property Sale - June 7, 2019
- Governor Noem Accepting Applications for Fall Interns - June 6, 2019