Below you will find the latest news and information released from the State of South Dakota.
- Governor's Column: The Value Of The Ellsworth Development Authority
Last week I attended the winter meeting of the National Governor's Association, which is held in Washington, D.C. each year.
- SD Parks and Wildlife Receives Helmsley Charitable Trust Grant
Today Gov. Dennis Daugaard announced that the South Dakota Parks and Wildlife Foundation (SDPWF) has been awarded a $1 million grant by The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust.
- Health Department Awards Additional Nursing Home Beds In Rapid City
The Department of Health announced today that it has awarded 20 additional nursing facility beds in Rapid City.
- News Tips
The South Dakota Professional Administrators Practices and Standards Commission will meet by teleconference.
- Governor Signs Several More Bills Into Law
Gov. Dennis Daugaard has signed the following bills into law: SB 12 – An Act to update references to certain federal motor carrier regulations.
- Gov. Daugaard: State Is Monitoring Potential For Missouri River Flooding
Gov. Dennis Daugaard has directed state emergency officials to work with federal and local entities to assess the potential for Missouri River flooding this year.
- Governor Requests Designation Of Treatment Areas In Black Hills
Last week, Gov. Dennis Daugaard sent a request to U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack asking for designation of an insect and disease treatment area in the Black Hills to help address mountain pine beetle infestation.
- State Of South Dakota To Incorporate E15 Into State Fleet, Fuel Sites
Gov. Dennis Daugaard announced today that the state will begin incorporating E15 fuel into its state vehicle fleet.
- Pheasant Habitat Work Group has its First Meeting
The thirteen members of the South Dakota Pheasant Habitat Work Group gathered for their initial meeting last Friday in Pierre.
- Annual Student Height Weight Survey Shows Little Change
The number of South Dakota kids who were overweight or obese was unchanged in the state’s latest school height and weight survey.
- Pentagon Honors South Dakota Guard Family Readiness Group
Many Soldiers of the South Dakota Army National Guard can feel overwhelmed with anxiety and stress when they say goodbye to their parents, spouse or children before stepping onto a plane headed toward a combat zone.
- South Dakota Tourism’s Work Recognized with Three Awards in 57th Annual Adrian Awards Competition
The Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) has recognized the work of the South Dakota Department of Tourism and one of their agencies of record.
- Showplace Wood Products Approved for REDI Fund, Adding 100 Jobs
Showplace Wood Products, a manufacturer of high-end cabinetry based out of Harrisburg, S.D., announced today that it is growing once again.
- March 15 Deadline For New Homeowners To Receive Property Tax Reduction
Individuals who have moved into a new or different home over the last year have until Saturday, March 15, to file for the owner-occupied, single-family dwelling certificate to be eligible for a property tax reduction.
- South Dakota Recognized For Antibiotic Prescribing Efforts
South Dakota’s effort to address the growing problem of antibiotic resistance is drawing national attention.