Below you will find the latest news and information released from the State of South Dakota.
- Governor Seeking Interns For The Summer
Gov. Dennis Daugaard is currently seeking applications for a summer 2017 Governor’s Office Internship in Pierre. The position will be paid and run from early May through August 2017.
- Statement of the South Dakota Board of Regents on President Heather Wilson’s Nomination to be Next Air Force Secretary
The President of the United States announced today his intention to nominate Heather Wilson, president of the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology, as the next Secretary of the U.S. Air Force.
- Lt. Governor Holds Legislative Press Conference
Lt. Gov. Matt Michels held a legislative press conference at the Capitol on Friday. In the press briefing, the Lt. Governor spoke of the peaceful transition of power in Washington, D.C., and South Dakota’s priorities for federal health care reform.
- Governor’s Statement on Rep. Wollmann’s Resignation
Gov. Dennis Daugaard issued the following statement today regarding the resignation of District 8 Rep. Matthew Wollmann.
- South Dakota Officials Weigh In On National Health Care Debate
South Dakota state officials are weighing in on the national health care debate. Gov. Dennis Daugaard, the Department of Social Services and the Division of Insurance provided input at the request of federal lawmakers this month on how Medicaid, insurance regulations and IHS can be improved.
- Connecting Agriculture: Knowing Your Financial Options
Low prices and high costs are affecting everyone involved in agriculture.
- Grandparent Scam Continues to Target South Dakota Seniors
Attorney General Marty Jackley is again warning South Dakota seniors that the grandparent scam has resurfaced targeting all parts of the state.
- Tourism Industry Leaders & Innovators Honored for Their Work
Lt. Gov. Matt Michels and the South Dakota Department of Tourism presented awards to top tourism industry leaders Thursday evening at the 2017 Governor’s Conference on Tourism in Pierre.
- Tourism Department Posts Record Numbers in 2016
The South Dakota tourism industry has once again reached record numbers of visitors, visitor spending and impact on the state’s economy. This marks seven straight years of economic growth for the industry.
- Governor's Column: Taking On The Meth Problem
I recently heard a story about a young man who was exposed to meth as a child. The young man, named Chris, grew up around meth and the violence that the drug brings. Like any normal kid, he wanted attention from the adults in his life.
- Governor's Column: Amazon's Big Step In The Right Direction
South Dakota is a state with a low tax burden. We are one of only seven states without a personal income tax. We also have no corporate income tax, no business inventory tax, no personal property tax and no inheritance tax. People who live here get to keep more of their earnings.
- Attorney General Jackley Appoints Standing Rock Officer to Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Training Commission
Attorney General Marty Jackley announced today the appointment of David Lawrence, Chief of Police with the Standing Rock Agency to the Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Training Commission. He has been appointed to a two-year term effective January 2017.
- South Dakota Parks and Wildlife Foundation Receives Grant for Park Project
PIERRE, S.D. – The South Dakota Parks and Wildlife Foundation recently received a $75,000 Matching Assets to Community Health (MATCH) grant from the Wellmark Foundation. The money will be used for the Cottonwood Playground Project at Adams Homestead and Nature Preserve in North Sioux City, S.D.
- Attorney General Jackley Reminds Provigil Users to File Claim Before April Deadline
Attorney General Marty Jackley is reminding consumers who feel they may be entitled to a recovery under the Provigil settlement to file their claim before the April 13, 2017 deadline.
- State Prison Inmate Placed on Escape Status
Inmate Moses Dubray, age 32, left the Rapid City Community Work Center today without authorization.