Below you will find the latest news and information released from the State of South Dakota.
- Governor's Column: Expecting Another Busy Year For South Dakota’s Parks
Spring has sprung and summer is around the corner. Now is a good time to plan a summer trip to one of our state parks. If not a week-long vacation, consider at least a weekend or weeknight stay.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) Proposed Rule
Excitement surrounds the potential use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in our state’s agricultural industry. This technology could be used to fly over pastures and check cows or to take aerial surveys of crops and spray pesticide accordingly.
- ALL INVITED TO ATTEND WELCOME HOME VIETNAM VETERANS REMEMBRANCE CEREMONY
Gov. Dennis Daugaard and Larry Zimmerman, Secretary of the South Dakota Department of Veterans Affairs, will be the keynote speakers at the Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Remembrance Ceremony at the Capitol Lake in Pierre at 1:30 p.m. (CDT) on Sunday, March 29.
- Gov. Daugaard’s Statement On PRTC Expansion
Gov. Dennis Daugaard issued the following statement today commending the Federal Aviation Administration’s decision to approve the Air Force’s expansion of the Powder River Training Complex.
- GFP Seeking Comments on Current Pheasant Management Plan
The South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks (GFP) is seeking comments on the 2009-2014 pheasant management plan prior to drafting the next five-year plan for 2015-2020.
- Gov. Daugaard To Appoint Jim Morgan To Board Of Regents
Gov. Dennis Daugaard announced today that he will appoint Jim Morgan of Brookings to the South Dakota Board of Regents.
- Governor's Column: Overview of the 2015 Legislative Session
Earlier this month, the State Legislature concluded the main run of its nine-week session.
- Governor Signs Final Bills Of 2015 Legislative Session
Gov. Dennis Daugaard signed the last bills from the 2015 Legislative Session into law today.
- Gov. Daugaard Vetoes SB 100
Gov. Dennis Daugaard has vetoed SB 100, an Act to create a leased residential property classification.
- Gov. Daugaard Vetoes SB 136
Gov. Dennis Daugaard has vetoed SB 136, an Act to exclude certain municipal taxes from the gross receipts used to determine the tax liability for customers served by electric cooperatives and electric utilities.
- Gov. Daugaard Vetoes SB 159
Gov. Dennis Daugaard has vetoed SB 159, an Act to exempt certain amateur sports coaches from sales and use tax.
- SUCCESSFUL LEGISLATIVE SESSION FOR VETERANS
With one day remaining in the 2015 South Dakota Legislative Session (Veto Day), this session can be termed a success for South Dakota’s veterans.
- July Fourth Camping Reservations in State Parks Open Soon
As spring comes to South Dakota, thoughts turn to summer planning. Be sure to include plans for summer camping trips, as reservations for the Fourth of July weekend open up soon in South Dakota State Parks.
- Register Today for a South Dakota HuntSAFE Class
The South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks (GFP) wants to remind parents and youth that now is the time to plan ahead and register for an upcoming HuntSAFE class near your community.
- Trophies, Bows and Scholarships Up for Grabs at National Archery in the Schools Tournament
Youth from across South Dakota will have a chance to show off their archery skills at the 6th annual National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP) State Tournament March 27-28, 2015, at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center in Rapid City.