Below you will find the latest news and information released from the State of South Dakota.
- DPS Officials Encourage Motorists To Buckle Up for Holiday Travel
PIERRE, S.D.—Officials of the South Dakota Department Public Safety are urging motorists this Thanksgiving holiday weekend to drive carefully and that includes wearing seatbelts.
- Growing in Agriculture--More Than Thankful
This time of year, especially, makes me reflect on the many things I have to be thankful for in my life, in particular family.
- Dec. 15 Smithsonian Night program at Cultural Heritage Center focusing on food
The Museum of the South Dakota State Historical Society at the Cultural Heritage Center in Pierre is hosting a program on Dec. 15 about American food traditions.
- Governor's Column: Christmas At The Capitol
South Dakotans have always known how to make Christmas special. In 1881 the people of Aberdeen decided to celebrate the holiday season by putting up a community Christmas tree.
- Attorney General Jackley Provides Holiday Shopping Tips
The holiday shopping season begins earlier each year and this year is no exception with the lure of pre-Black Friday deals and advertisements filled with one-of-a kind specials.
- Governors Stake Friendly Wager On SDSU-Montana Playoff Game
Gov. Dennis Daugaard and Montana Gov. Steve Bullock have staked a friendly wager on the outcome of this weekend’s playoff game between South Dakota State University and the University of Montana.
- Illegally Dumped Snow Causing Problems
The South Dakota Department of Transportation reminds the public and commercial snow removal operators that it is illegal to place or dump excess snow on highway right of way, which includes driving surfaces, shoulders and ditches.
- Fire Marshal Warns of Home Fire Risk During Holidays
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota Fire Marshal Paul Merriman wants South Dakotans to celebrate the upcoming holidays, but also realize the season means an additional fire risk.
- DENR Announces New Lake Levels Map
DENR has added a lake levels map to the department’s interactive database maps online at http://denr.sd.gov/datagis.aspx.
- Local museums to promote Pierre/Fort Pierre community through Business Appreciation Days
Museums in Pierre and Fort Pierre are sponsoring Business Appreciation Days on Dec. 11-13
- Sioux Falls Man Honored With Disease Intervention Award
Brett Oakland, Sioux Falls, has been named the 2015 Distinguished Disease Intervention Specialist (DIS) by the South Dakota Department of Health. T
- Gov. Daugaard Orders State Capitol Flags At Half-Staff For Former State Sen. Wilbur Foss
Former state Sen. Wilbur Foss of Scotland passed away on Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2015. Gov. Dennis Daugaard has ordered flags to fly half-staff at the State Capitol on Saturday, Nov. 28, the date of Foss’ funeral.
- Highway Patrol to Conduct ‘Operation Safe Thanksgiving’
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota Highway Patrol troopers will be out in force Wednesday encouraging those Thanksgiving holiday travelers to make safe driving decisions.
- Entertainment for Cultural Heritage Center Holiday Open House announced
A full afternoon of entertainment is planned for the annual holiday open house of the South Dakota State Historical Society, from 12-4:30 p.m. CST on Friday, Nov. 27, at the Cultural Heritage Center in Pierre.
- State Historical Society celebrates one year with Laura Ingalls Wilder bestseller
Nov. 17 marked the one-year anniversary since the South Dakota Historical Society released Laura Ingall's Wilder's "Pioneer Girl: The Annotated Autobiography," edited by Pamela Smith Hill.